What to do in Damgan
Only 100 m from the Grande Plage, La Plage Campsite in Damgan The campsite has several fun and sports facilities to entertain you with friends or children: petanque pitch, table tennis, playground, table football, inflatable structures… Discover Damgan from your holiday rental by the sea in southern Brittany to discover the Morbihan department. Your campsite in Brittany welcomes you to the fine sandy beaches of the Atlantic Ocean of this seaside resort in South Brittany. Want to quench your thirst for adventure and curiosity? We give you 5 ideas of things to do and see near Damgan.
- Branféré Park: This animal park located in Le Guerno will allow you to approach rhinoceroses, giraffes, monkeys, birds of prey, pink flamingos and otters. In total, about 1,000 animals from 5 continents with shows and animations for all ages.
- La Roche-Bernard : Watered by the Vilaine, this commune of the Morbihan is home to a pretty marina and picturesque districts with cobbled streets and stone houses. Take the time to visit the Maison de l’Abeille and the Vilaine maritime museum, and to observe the work of the craftsmen.
- Cruise on the Vilaine: From Arzal or La Roche-Bernard, climb aboard a sailing boat and enjoy a unique experience on the Vilaine. Sailing on the river is a source of relaxation and change of scenery. How about seeing for yourself?
- Billiers: Built on the estuary of the Vilaine, this town makes its mark with its varied landscapes. Ocean, river, dunes and salt marshes cohabit. Add an abbey and the pointe de Pen Lan which offers striking views of the Breton coastline, and you will have several reasons to visit Billiers.
- Fishing on foot: It is particularly attractive to children and is very popular on Breton beaches. Fishing on foot allows you to combine outdoor activities, a change of scenery, a breath of fresh air and gastronomy. For it is in your plate of mussels, clams and oysters that you will reap the fruit of your efforts.
The most beautiful beaches of Damgan
Swimming, lazing around, fishing in the sea or on foot, sailing, kayaking, surfing, beach volleyball… Can you feel the call of the sea and fine sand? It’s time to go to a beach in Damgan.
- Great Beach: It is 4 km long and very well equipped (toilets, showers, changing rooms, games, access for people with reduced mobility).
- Landrezac and Kervoyal: Wild and discreet beaches, with shady areas in summer.
- Bil Beach: A beautiful stretch of sand on the peninsula of Pénerf, near the port.
- Ambon: The beach of Tréhervé alternates between creeks and sandy areas. Cromenach’ beach is appreciated for its tranquillity. The wildest beach of Ambon, coveted by purists, is that of Bétahon.
- Billiers: The commune has several unique beaches. One of them faces the Vilaine estuary (Plage des Granges). If you like fishing on foot, which is very popular at low tide, you should go to the plage des Amoureux.
Ask at the campsite reception or at the Damgan tourist office for more information on beaches and activities near the campsite.